Thursday, September 4, 2008

Latest edition of CubaNews dedicated to Hurricane Gustav

On Sept. 5, CubaNews is publishing an expanded edition containing in-depth coverage of the Hurricane Gustav disaster. The 15-year-old monthly subscriber-based newsletter touts itself as "the world's leading source of business information" on Cuba.

Its editor is Larry Luxner, a veteran journalist who has a ton of business contacts on both sides of the Florida Straits. When I first met him about five years ago, he introduced me to a beautiful new boutique hotel in Havana - Hotel Raquel.

Larry also has a stock photography business, Luxner News Inc., that sells photographs from Cuba and around the world.

This edition of CubaNews also contains a recent story I wrote for the Houston Chronicle.

2 comments: said...

I am a big fan of Cuba News and I strongly suggest that anyone with an interest in Cuba should subscribe. You will be amazed by the depth and variety of news and information.

Tracey Eaton said...

What I like about CubaNews is that it carries stories from many points of view. It doesn't endorse the Cuban Revolution, but isn't dedicated to slamming it in every issue, either.