Sunday, April 12, 2009

Making a splash in Tarara

Who is that guy?
Kim Ritzenthaler shot these pictures while staying at the beachside home I rented in Tarara from 2000 to early 2005. She was a photographer for the Dallas Morning News at the time. Now she's a freelance photojournalist. Her Web site is here.
Her husband, David Leeson, is also a photographer. He and Cheryl Diaz-Meyer shared a 2004 Pulitzer Prize for their coverage of the invasion of Iraq. Cheryl and I covered the fighting in Afghanistan after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Tracey! I rarely ever google my name, and I just did it and found these photos you posted! And it was on my birthday, too (April 12). :-) Thanks for the credit and link to my new web site. Anyway, how are you? We are well...David took a buyout and left the DMN in September and now we're both independent. I keep busy also, freelancing and taking care of the 2 kids. Hope you're great! It was cool finding you here...I'll have to spend some time here on your blog. Looks like fun, and interesting.

-Kim Ritzenthaler-

Tracey Eaton said...

Kim,
It's great to hear from you. I am glad you're doing well. It's too bad about the financial straits of newspapers. I'm glad to hear you and David have found a way to move on after the DMN. I love the pictures on your Web sites.
I'm going back to Cuba sometime this summer to work on several projects. I will likely stop through Tarara to see some people there. It's not the same as it was, but that great beach is still there.
I can't remember - is that me jumping in the water?
I have some other pictures you took that I'm going to post - pictures from the trip to Pinar del Rio, I think.
See you around, Tracey