Monday, April 27, 2009

Spreading the word about Michelle Obama's trip to Cuba


I'm not really into Facebook or Twitter, but I realize these things have some power to reach people. So last night I went on Twitter to spread the word about the White House petition asking if Americans want the First Lady to go to Cuba.
I woke this morning to hundreds of messages on my cell phone.
Holy crap!
I hope I don't get a huge bill, like Alberto, the guy who downloaded a movie for his nephew and got slapped with a $62,000 charge.
Anyway, I got a kick out of some of people who sent me Tweets. Snippets from their profiles:
* Professional day dreamer
* Gay peace activist
* Repairing and testing microwave ovens
* Cubicle dweller
* Happily married to the Internet since 1994
* Life facilitator
* World's worst gambler
* A one-man National Geographic
* I dig dudes. I'm not really into the gay scene too much. I'm friendly
* Mobilizing the world to kick cancer's butt
And, my favorite,
* Melting faces using modern guitar riffs
Yep, it's great to be part of the human race.

No comments: