Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Granma is a yacht - and a newspaper

Granma and Juventud Rebelde, both state-run newspapers, are located in this building.
Fidel Castro and 81 others traveled to Cuba from Mexico on a yacht called Granma in December 1956
Granma today published parts of an interview I did with Rodolfo Frometa, leader of Comandos F-4. Granma's story is here.
The newspaper is located at General Suárez y Territorial, near the Plaza de la Revolución.
Link: Index to Along the Malecon posts about anti-Castro militants


Nico said...

Good reading, thanks.
So did the folks over at granma give you any heads up about the pending mention/quote? And do you know if it made it into the print edition? congrats on the blog plug, too bad so few cubans will be able to read it.

Tracey Eaton said...

The author of the story e-mailed me a link to the story. That's how I found out about the story.
I asked a friend in Cuba to save me a copy of the paper if the story made the print edition. I don't know if it's in there or not.
Thanks for your message. Tracey