Friday, February 26, 2010

New book traces Chinese immigration to Cuba

Cuban journalist and writer Marta Rojas has written a new book. El Equipaje Amarillo, or The Yellow Suitcase, is set in the 19th century and traces Chinese immigration to Cuba. Click here for more information, in Spanish.


Antonio said...

Good suggestion. I will be on the lookout for it in a year's time when it comes out on paperback.

There are quite a number of books (fiction and non-fiction) that have been written about Chinese immigration to Cuba. One that I have recently read is "Our history is still being written: The story of three Chinese- Cuban generals in the Cuban Revolution" by Armando Choy, Gustavo Chui and Moises Sio Wong (Pub. 2005)

Tracey Eaton said...

Marta told me a little about the book the last time I saw her. She was excited about it. I know she did exhaustive research. I'll look for that book you mention.