Thursday, December 30, 2010

The $6 million man: Jaime Suchlicki

Jaime Suchlicki has been very adept at securing federal grants over the years. The Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies at the University of Miami received more than $6 million in U.S. government grants under Dr. Suchlicki's leadership from 2002 to 2010, federal audits show.
The institute has been one of the top recipients of federal grants related to Cuba. See more details at Where the $ goes, a new page at the Cuba Money Project.
I am compiling information on U.S.-government funded programs related to Cuba, and it makes sense to list the top recipients. So I'm starting with the ICCAS, and I'll move on to other organizations from here.
I am using data from federal audits to come up with these numbers. I'll add information from other sources - which sometimes conflicts with the audits - as I develop the website.
I want to give readers a sense for what happens to U.S. government money destined for Cuba. Feel free to send me suggestions, ideas, documents and reports related to these U.S. government programs.
And please let me know if you see any information on the website that needs to be corrected or clarified. My goal is to produce accurate and factual information that readers will find useful whether they agree with these programs or not.

2 comments:

Lazaro Gonzalez said...

its a great project, go head

Lazaro Gonzalez said...

http://cubaindependiente.blogspot.com/2010/12/akademia-kubiche-6-million-man-jaime.html