Friday, November 22, 2013

CDA videos are part of larger project

Harold Cardenas, top, then clockwise, Yoani Sánchez, José Daniel Ferrer, Jesús Arboleya and Roberto Guerra.
The Center for Democracy in the Americas today posted two videos that I produced for the non-profit organization, based in Washington, D.C.
"Diplomacy Derailed" and "Failure Compounded" focus on U.S. policy toward Cuba. I made the videos while working with the CDA from January to June 2013 during a six-month collaborative project. See articles I shared with the organization here.
The videos are part of a broader independent video project I have been doing to better understand the pro-democracy movement in Cuba and the role of the U.S. government and taxpayer-financed organizations.
Once I finish the project, it will include many voices, ranging from dissident leader José Daniel Ferrer, independent journalist Roberto Guerra and democracy activist Yoani Sanchez to former diplomat Jesús Arboleya and blogger Harold Cardenas.
I expect that the video will run 90 minutes or so or I might split it two - I haven't decided on that. I spent many weeks editing the project over the summer, but am not quite done.
For several months now, I've put the project, along with blogging and writing, on the back-burner. I have been busy with my day job and other things and haven't had time for Cuba work. But I will get back to it as soon as I can.

No comments: